Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

math intuition


Welcome to free math tutor online,

One way to train my intuition is to compare the problem with something
I've seen plenty of times in real life. I've painted murals, mixing
the colors I want from poster paint. Often I want a light color, and a
little color goes a long way.

I have learned to be very careful not to
add too much color to the white at first. Why? I If I need 1 part blue
to 100 parts white (which is not unreasonable in my experience), and I
put in 2 dabs of blue instead of 1, meet math tutors online for more examples;
I need to add another 100 parts of
white to get the color to be what I wanted!

I can't tell you how many
times I've ended up with far more paint than I needed, by the time I
got the color right. I've learned that it's better to throw away half
the too-dark mixture, rather than try to save the whole batch by
adding white. learn more on math forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment